Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thoughts of the Day...from your Pardner and Pal, Holly

Good morning and pros vs. cons of using large machinery when sledding.

Howdy pardners....
      It's another cold morning here in the Midwest...16 degrees.  A virtual heatwave...ha, ha!  It's on days like this that I think or dream about having a warm home in Florida for a few months of the year! :)

       I'm not complaining though.  We do have 4 seasons...and God even blessed us with a beautiful white Christmas!  The kids and I went sledding at Grandmas on an old wooden sled.  Really it's a toboggan more like it.  My mom pulled us behind her Chevy Blazer, around and around in the snow out in the pasture... which worked out well.  Unless she got stuck, and the wheels started spinning, faster and faster, and then gravel, dirt and snow chunks flew everywhere.  Somewhat painful fun!
      "Ahhh! Mom!" My littledaughter, Elena, who wanted to sit in the front, of course,... shouted when the tires started spitting at her...like an old machine gun.  Shooting gravel and snow at her face...
     "Turn your face to the side! Turn your face!"  I shouted from behind 3 more kids and one short, medium sized puppy, named Serena Josephina, or "Josie" for short.  We clung to the scratchy yellow rope tied on to the sides of the sled as we swung precariously this way and that.
     We were no worse for the wear!  However, as I write this at my desk, my daughter remarks, "It didn't hurt that bad!"
Your Pardner,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment