Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Samantha's Introspections

My name is Samantha and I am a young Homeschool lady that is very
> passionate about the Lord, and also passionate about staying pure of
> heart, mind and body for my future husband and ultimately, for Jesus
> Christ my bridegroom!
>
> About four months ago, upon reading the book "Do Hard Things" by
> nineteen-year-old Homeschoolers, Alex and Brett Harris, I felt God telling
> me to do something in saving unborn children and stopping abortion in our
> country, and wondered how I could make a difference...a BIG difference.
> Sure, I knew there was pregnancy resource centers already established and
> things like that, but I wanted to do something deeper, something
> more...but I wasn't quite sure what or how.
>
> Then I heard in Dr. Dobson's book Bringing up Girls of this dance.  But it
> wasn't just any dance; it was called a Father/Daughter Dance, or
> Father/Daughter Ball started by a Christian couple in Colorado Springs.

> That's when I had the idea, "What if we cut the issue of abortion at its
> roots? What if we organized a Father/Daughter Purity Ball here in
> Missouri, that would encourage young ladies to save their hearts and
> bodies for their future husband, and at the same time exhorting the
> fathers to protect their daughters from the lies of the world?"  Because
> you see, when more families, when more young ladies give their hearts
> fully to the Lord, then there is less bad choices, which results in less
> babies being aborted! I am very excited about this event!
>
> The event is on Saturday, March 22nd, 2014 @ the Abundant Life Baptist
> Church in Lee's Summit.
>
> The Father/Daughter Purity Ball is a non-for-profit event; all the
> proceeds go toward Rachel House and to helping adopt a little orphan
> child.
>
> This event is going to be not so much focused on physical purity, as it is
> spiritual purity.  It's for that reason that we will have a speaker come
> and share the Gospel at this event, because we want girls (& Dads) to know
> how they can truly be pure!  And that's only by the blood of Jesus Christ
> washing over their sins when they trust Him to save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment